Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd. was started as a joint undertaking between Bajaj Finserv Ltd. and a European financial services company named Allianz SE. The company issued more than 4.7 lakh insurance policies in the last fiscal year 2016-2017.
Bajaj Health Insurance Company offers a number of affordable health insurance plans which are specially designed to safeguard you against increasing quality healthcare costs.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Company at a Glance
|Claim Settlement Ratio
||Under Sec. 80D
|Pre-existing diseases waiting period
Benefits of Buying a Bajaj Health Insurance Policy
- You do not need to worry about the settlement of claim, as the company has a positive claim settlement
- More than 4 lakh policies were issued by the company in the financial year 2016-17
- As per the records, the average claim settlement time of Bajaj health insurance is 1 hour
- You can avail cashless claim facility in more than 5700 hospitals across India
- It’s quick to buy and renew Bajaj health insurance policy online
- All health plans are Lifelong renewal
- Option to buy senior citizen health insurance, family & individual health plans
- Sum insured options between Rs. 1.5 lakhs and Rs. 50 lakhs
- Cashless hospitalization in more than 6000 network hospitals PAN India
- Covers hospitalization expenses 60 days prior to admission and 90 days after hospitalization
- Covers ambulance charges up to a limit of Rs. 20,000 in a policy year
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans Comparison Table
||Entry Age Criteria
||Sum Assured (Rs.)
|Bajaj Allianz Individual Health Guard Insurance Plan
||18 to 65 years
||After 45 years
||1.5 lakhs-50 lakhs
|Bajaj Allianz Family Health Insurance Plan
||18 to 65 years
||After 45 years
||1.5 lakhs -50 lakhs
|Bajaj Allianz Extra Care Health Insurance Plan
||91 days to 80 years
||After 55 years
||3 lakhs -50 lakhs
|Bajaj Critical Illness Plan
||91 days to 80 years
||30 days survival period
||1 lakh-50 lakhs
|Bajaj Silver Health Insurance Plan for Senior Citizens
||50,000 -5 lakhs
|Bajaj Allianz Global Personal Guard Policy (Accidental Cover)
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans-
Bajaj Allianz Individual Health Guard Insurance Plan
This plan provides coverage up to Rs.50 lakhs. And if you are below 45 years, then a pre-medical test is also not required. Life-time renewal services.
Bajaj Allianz Family Health Insurance Plan
Get your extended family covered under a single health insurance plan including your parents, siblings, dependent grandchildren, and grandparents and in- laws.
Anyone between 91 days and 80 years can buy this top-up health insurance plan, which offers your coverage upon exhaustion of the exiting sum assured. Life-time renewal facility.
The plan provides coverage to 10 major critical illnesses and the amount is paid in lump sum.
People between 46 and 70 years of age can buy this plan. It provides optional air ambulance cover and sum insured is up to Rs. 50 lacs. Life-time renewal feature.
Bajaj Allianz Global Personal Guard Policy (Accidental Cover)
The plan provides adventure sports cover and sum insured options up to Rs.25,00,00,000. Life-time renewal feature is provided to policyholder.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Claim Process
- You go to one of the network hospitals for treatment.
- The details filled by you in the pre-authoriation form will be verified and send it to Bajaj Allianz medical insurance
- After verifying the pre-authorization request details with policy coverages, the decision is conveyed to the healthcare provider.
- If approved, your treatment will continue without any cash deposits till the discharge date.
- If any additional details are required, then Bajaj Allianz shall ask the same from the hospital and then approve your claim
- If disapproved, then the same information will be sent to the hospital and you will need to make the payment for treatment on your own.
Claim Settlement Process for Reimbursement of Bajaj Health Insurance
- After discharge from the hospital, you need to keep all the documents with you along with medical tests, payments, bills etc.
- Your documents will be sent for verification to the Bajaj health insurance team
- If additional documents are required the insurer will inform and you need to submit them timely.
- If submitted timely, your claim will be processed within 15 days after intimation date
- If not submitted on time, then your claim request will be closed within 45 days.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Renewal Process
Make sure that you renew your Bajaj Allianz mediclaim policy before its expiry date. In case your policy has lapsed, you will lose all the benefits such as cumulative bonus and waiting period.
The process of Bajaj Allianz health insurance renewal policy is quite simple. The steps are listed below-
- Submit all the details like existing policy number, contact details, and the pin code
- Select your Bajaj Allianz health insurance quote
- And make the payment online
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Inclusions:
Bajaj Allianz medical insurance policy covers the following-
- You can buy a policy ranging from INR 5 lakhs to INR 50 lakhs
- Both individual and family floater plans are available
- No room-rent capping on the hospitalization expenses
- Additional benefits like critical illness cover and personal accident protection cover are also available
- Lifetime Bajaj Allianz health insurance renewal benefit
- Covers day care medical procedures
- Road ambulance cover up to the sum insured limit
- Option to avail air ambulance cover
- 100% restoration of sum insured
- No sub-limits on expenses incurred on Homoeopathic and Ayurvedic treatment
- Maternity cover and coverage to the newborn baby after completing 3 years of the policy period
- It also covers organ donor charges, cost of physiotherapy other recovery benefits
- Free health check-up facility on renewal, irrespective of the claim history
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Exclusions:
- Coverage is not provided to a newborn baby
- Any illness that is diagnosed during the initial 30 days of the policy purchase date ( except accidental injuries)
- One year of the waiting period is applicable to pre-existing diseases
- The policy will not cover expenses incurred on joint replacement surgery, piles, andhernia in the initial 12 months
- HIV/AIDS and STDs
- Health treatment required after consumption of alcohol and drugs
- Dental procedures ( unless it is an accidental case or requires hospitalization)
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Treatment for mental disorders and depression
- Hospitalization required after a terrorist attack, war operations, nuclear attacks, rebellion etc.
- Check policy brochure for detailed exclusions
How to Calculate Health Insurance Premium from Bajaj Allianz?
The following information is required to calculate Bajaj Allianz medical insurance premium-
- Select the coverage type – Individual/Family
- Select the sum insured
- Number of members to be covered
- Age of the members
- Pan India cover ( if required)
- Enter name, mobile, and email
- Click submit
You can also use Bajaj Allianz health insurance premium calculator to know your premium.
Why Buy Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plan?
The plan is designed to meet your needs in a unique manner. Their health insurance plans are designed after ascertaining the health concerns of different individuals. There are a host of benefits that Bajaj Allianz mediclaim policy provides. Some of them are listed below-
- Best Medical Treatment- Getting the right treatment in a renowned hospital is imperative in case of a medical urgency. Buy Bajaj Allianz health insurance policy and avail the best medical treatment.
- Peace of Mind- Medical emergencies are unpredictable. They can lead to both financial and emotional stress. With medical insurance, you can ensure financial protection to your loved ones against unexpected health care expenses.
- Affordable Plans-The policy offers maximum health cover at an affordable price.
- Extensive Coverage- Their comprehensive plan offers coverage to you and your family against hospitalization expenses, accidents, and critical illnesses.
- Cashless Hospitalization-Cashless claim settlement is available at a number of empaneled hospitals PAN India. It means that the insurer will pay to settle the claim directly at the hospital.
- Seamless Claim Procedure– Bajaj Allianz health insurance follows a quick and a hassle-free claim settlement process. Bajaj Allianz Medical Insurance CDC (Claim by Direct Click) feature allows you to raise claim requests up to Rs. 20,000 through their mobile app.
- Easy Online Purchase/Renewal- You can easily renew or buy the policy online.
Documents Required for Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Claim form duly filled and signed by the insured
- Original discharge summary
- Original paid receipts
- All Lab and test reports
- Fully filled NEFT details form
- Copy of Invoice/Stickers/barcode ( if the treatment involved implants)
- First consultation letter from the doctor
- KYC form
Eligibility Criteria of Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Anyone who is 18 years of age can buy Bajaj Allianz mediclaim policy
- For children, the age limit is 3 months to 25 years
- Lifetime renewal option
- For dependent children, the renewal age is maximum 35 years
- Sum insured can be increased during renewal only
Additional Covers in Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Policy
By paying an additional amount of premium you can avail the following benefits-
- Personal Accident Protection Cover-
- In the event of accidental death compensation provided is equal to the Sum Insured
- Permanent Total disability- 200 percent of Sum insured n case of permanent disabilities
- In the event of partial disabilities, the sum insured limit is mentioned in the policy documents and is for a maximum of 10 weeks
- It also includes education benefit for 2 children up to Rs.5,000 per children
- Compensation of transportation cost up to Rs.5000
- Critical Illness Cover-
- Sum Insured option of Rs. 5Lacs and 10 Lacs
- Covers 15 critical Illnesses
- A waiting period of 90 days
- Survival period of 30 days is not required
The Concept of Zone Wise Premium in Bajaj Health Insurance Plan
|Delhi / NCR, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Mumbai (Navi Mumbai, Thane, and Kalyan)and Secunderabad, Kolkata, Vadodara and Surat
||Rest of India apart from Zone A cities are classified as Zone B.
|Bajaj Allianz health insurance policyholders paying premium rates mentioned in Zone A can avail PAN India treatment without any co-payment
||Bajaj Allianz health insurance policyholders paying premium rates mentioned in Zone B as availing healthcare treatment in Zone A cities which have to pay 20% of co-payment amount on the admissible claim amount (unless it is an accidental treatment). Those residing in Zone B can choose to pay the premium for Zone A and avail treatment all over India without any co-payment
Read policy documents for further details*
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance FAQs
Q1. What all is covered under Bajaj Allianz medical insurance policy?
Ans. Usually, Bajaj Allianz medical insurance plans include the following-
- 60 days of pre-hospitalization expenses and 90 days of post-hospitalization expenses
- Cashless claim settlement in more than 6000 hospitals
- Ambulance cost cover
- In-hospital expenses, boarding expenses, and room rent charges
- Medical check-ups
- Fees charged by the medical practitioner
Q2. What is Bajaj Allianz Health CDC feature?
Ans. It is a mobile application feature in Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Wallet App where you can check the updates related to your claim requests. You can use this for claims up to Rs.20, 000. It is a paperless process, saves you both time and effort.
Q3. Is there any top-up plan available in Bajaj Allianz health insurance policy?
Ans. You can buy Health Extra Care plus Policy by Bajaj Allianz in addition to your base medical insurance policy.
Q4. Is there any toll-free number where I can speak to?
Ans. You can call the insurer on their toll-free number i.e. 1800-209-5858
Q5. How many critical illnesses are covered in Bajaj Allianz mediclaim policy?
Ans. Bajaj Allianz mediclaim policy gives you an option to cover 15 critical Illnesses with the sum insured limit of Rs. 5lacs and 10 lacs.
Q6. What are the tax benefits of purchasing Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy?
Ans. Along with health cover, you tax benefit equal to Rs. 60000 under Section 80/D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.You will get tax exemption against the health insurance premium amount that you will pay every year. Listed below tax saving benefits of Bajaj Allianz health insurance policy –
- If you are below 60 years and paying the premium for self, children, spouse, and parents, then you can avail tax deduction benefit up to INR 25,000 per annum.
- The limit is INR 30,000 if you are paying the premium for your parents above 60 years of age.
- If you are below 60 years and you have bought a policy for your parents above 60 years, in that case, your tax exemption limit is INR 55,000
- If you are 60 plus and paying the premium for Bajaj Allianz medical insurance for your parents, the tax exemption limit is INR 60,000. It is only applicable if you are still a taxpayer at this age.
Q7. Is cashless hospitalization provided in Bajaj Allianz mediclaim policy?
Yes, you can avail cashless hospitalization in more than 6000 hospitals from there panel.
Q8. Is it possible to renew Bajaj Allianz health insurance policy online?
You can renew it online by providing your current policy number, contact details, address and once you pick the quote, you can make the payment online.