Best Super Top-up Health Insurance Plans in India
Amid growing medical inflation, having an additional cover with a super top-up health plan can prove to be a life savior for you and your family.
In situations where the cost of accident and illness is too much, a basic health plan might not be sufficient to cover the expenses. At that time the best health insurance plan is a Super Top-up Health Plan will take care of the additional expenses, which otherwise you will have to pay from your own pocket.
Once you have exhausted the sum assured limit of your actual health/top-ups plan, you can buy Extra cover with a super top-up health plan. In a basic health plan, there is a threshold, but a super top-up health plan comes handy on exhaustion of the basic plan.
If you think your existing health plan is not adequate and buying an extensive health plan will not fit in your budget, then buying a Super top-up plan will be a workable option. It will take care of the mounting health care expenses.
For instance, if any of your family members are hospitalized, the basic health plan will cover the hospitalization expenses up to the sum assured limit. It will reimburse the claim over and above this amount.
Don’t you think a Super top-up health plan is a smart choice increase the scope of cover without spending too much?
If you think your existing health insurance policy may fall short of funds, then you can buy Super Top-up Plus Health Insurance Plan. This plan will provide additional sum insured to cope up with any prolonged illness or any unforeseen medical emergencies, when the existing health insurance policy may not suffice.
Check out the Super Top-up Health Insurance Plans from the best health insurance companies:
HDFC Ergo Health Suraksha Top up Plus Plan-
This plan is easily convertible to Health Suraksha plan. And the coverage is provided to anyone between 5 and 65 years of age. If both the parents are insured in the same plan, then coverage can be provided to children aged 91 days and above. Look at other benefits:
- There is a free-look period of 15 days from the date of policy purchase
- Policy can be issued for a period of 1 or 2 years
- No pre-medical screening required for applicants below the age group of 55 years
- Lifelong renewability
- In-patient hospitalization expenses including boarding and nursing expense, room rent charges, fees charged by the doctors, operation theatre charges, prosthetic devices or implantation of any other equipment during surgery, cost of oxygen, blood, diagnostic procedures and so on
- Pre-hospitalization expenses 60 days prior to hospitalization
- Post-hospitalization expenses to be covered 90 days immediately after hospitalization
- 140 daycare procedures to be covered, which can be treated without hospitalization for more than a day, due to technological advancement in medical science.
- Domiciliary treatment expenses for treatment availed at home, as suggested by the doctor.
- Organ donor expenses cover
- Emergency ambulance expenses to be covered up to a limit of 2000 per hospitalization
Apollo Munich Optima Super Top Up Plan:
- Coverage is provided to individuals between the age group of 5 and 65 years. If either of the parents is covered then the dependent child can also be covered from the 91st
- Coverage is extendible to family members including spouse, parents, and children. There is a family discount of 10% if more than 2 family members are covered.
- The plan offers lifelong renewability
- Covers in-patient, pre and post hospitalization expenses
- 144-daycare procedures are also covered
- It covers organ donor transplant charges
- Tax saving benefits
United India Super Top-up Plan:
- It is available for people between the age group of 18 and 80 years
- The coverage limit ranges from Rs. 3 lakhs to 15 lakhs
- It includes the expenses incurred on the doctor, consultants, surgeon, specialist etc.
- Covers other hospitalization charges including oxygen, blood, anesthesia, surgical appliances, medicines, operation theatre fees, dialysis, chemotherapy, medical tests, and related expenses.
- The plan also offers cashless hospitalization facility across India
Star Super Surplus Gold Top-up Plan:
- Anyone between the age group of 8 and 65 years is eligible to buy this plan. If either of the parents is covered, then children above 3 months of age can also get covered in this plan.
- The plan offers lifelong renewability option
- The duration of the policy is 1 year
- The sum assured limit is between Rs. 5 lakhs and Rs.25 lakhs
- Hospitalization expenses such as room, nursing and boarding charges are reimbursed
- Consultation fees charged by a doctor, surgeon etc. is covered
- Other hospitalization expenses that are covered include Operation theatre expenses, pacemaker charges, medicine cost, second opinion, and Air ambulance cover
- It also included Second opinion cover for pre-existing illnesses
Religare Enhance Super Top-up Plan
- Sum Assured ranges between 1 lakh and Rs. 10 lakhs
- This super top-up plan is available for people between the age group of 5 years and 75 years
- It is both Individual and Family floater plan
- The policy duration can be between 2 and 3 years
- Lifetime renewability is offered
- 10% discount on 3-year plan and 7.5% discount on -year plan
- 170-daycare procedures are covered
- Domiciliary hospitalization charges are also covered
- It covers the expenses of a single private room
- Organ donor expenses are also covered
Advantages of Super Top-up Health Insurance Plans
- If your existing health insurance policy gets exhausted while making claims, you can still enjoy your peace of mind and feel secured as you have coverage for the remaining policy period.
- Option to enhance the policy coverage at the time of renewal. This is subjected to policy terms and conditions.
- It is not necessary to have a basic health plan to buy a Super Top Up Plan.
Any claim made in the initial 30 days of policy purchase shall not be entertained unless it is an accidental injury
- A waiting period of 2 years for certain specific diseases
- Medical treatment required for AIDS, HIV and other related diseases
- Treatment for stress-related disorders, anxiety, and physiological disorders
- Cosmetic and plastic surgeries ( if not required as part of the treatment)
- Health ailments resulting from consumption of alcohol and drugs
- Pregnancy-related complications and treatment
- Dental procedures
- Experimental treatments
- Expenses incurred on treatment taken for health ailments resulting due to war like conditions, rebellion, radiations etc.
- Amount of deductibles
However, it is recommended that you buy a health insurance plan with sum assured equivalent to the amount of deductibles.
In a Nutshell
Undeniably, upper top-up health insurance plans fill the monetary gap between healthcare expenses and your current medical insurance policy. And a super top-up health plan is a workable option for people who are covered under a basic health plan or under a corporate health plan.