ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
ICICI Bank and Fairfax Financial Holdings started this company as a joint venture. ICICI Lombard general insurance company Ltd. is one of India’s most renowned insurance companies in India. The company has earned the trust of its customers since the beginning. ICICI Lombard health insurance plans are also tailored to meet the different needs of its customers, which further makes it a preferred choice for a large number of insurance buyers in India.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance at a Glance
|Incurred Claim Ratio
Features of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
Some of the key features of ICICI Lombard medical insurance plans are as follows-
- Lifetime renewability– Most of the plans offer the lifetime renewal option to ensure you a continuous cover throughout your life.
- Speedy and Hassle-Free Claim Procedure– There are cases when the claim requests for cashless hospitalization have been settled within four hours of filing the claim. And the reimbursement claims are settled within fourteen days of filing the claim.
- Add-on Services– The company offers free health check up and consultation facilities online
- Tax Exemption– Avail tax redemption on the health insurance premium as per the purview of the IT Act (Sec. 80 D).
- 100% Restoration of the sum assured– 100% reinstatement of sum insured is provided once during a policy period ( as per the t&c)
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans Comparison Table
|ICICI Lombard Complete iHealth Plan
||Rs. 2 lakhs to 50 lakhs
||24 months if SI is above 2 lakhs
48 months if SI is less than 2 lakhs
||Adults: 18 years and above
Children: 91 days onwards
|ICICI Lombard Complete iHealth Plus Plan
||Rs. 2 lakhs to 10 lakhs
||24 months if SI is above 2 lakhs
48 months if SI is less than 2 lakhs
|ICIC Lombard Health Booster Plan
||Rs. 5 to 50 lakhs ( deductibles applicable)
||6 years & above (Individual plans )
Children : 3 months to 5 years ( family floater option)
|ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Plan
||Rs. 3 to 25 lakhs
||Between 18 and 80 years
Types of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- Complete Health Protection Plan by ICICI Lombard – If you are 18 and above, you can buy this plan for yourself, your parents, children and family members.
- Ihealth –The sum assured ranges from Rs. 2 lakhs to 50 lakhs.You can also opt for hospital daily cash cover, convalescence benefits and coverage for critical illnesses.
- Ihealth Plus – The sum assured ranges from Rs. 2 lakhs to 10 lakhs. It provides maternity cover, new-born baby cover, Ayush cover, and outpatient treatment cover. The plan also includes wellness programs and preventive healthcare programs.
- Personal Protect Plan by ICICI Lombard – The plan recompenses hospitalization required due to road accidents, accidents resulting from natural disasters, rail accidents, and accidents resulting due to an act of terrorism.
- Health Booster Plan by ICICI Lombard – ICICI Lombard medical insurance came up with this plan to enhance your current mediclaim policy with a top-up plan. It is available in both individual and family floater options.
Claim Process of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
ICICI Lombard has an in-house claim settlement team and wellness center. This saves your time in running from pillar to post. So, you can file a claim in two ways and the procedure for both of them is described below-
- Claim Procedure for Cashless Hospitalization
- Visit one of the registered hospitals for treatment and go to the health desk and display the ICICI health card.
- A pre-authorization request form will be submitted to ICICI Lombard on your behalf
- ICICI Lombard will approve your claim based on the verification
- Once approval is received, cashless treatment will begin at the network hospital
- ICICI Lombard will pay-off the medical bills on your behalf.
- If the claim is rejected, you can continue the treatment but you will have to pay the bills and lodge a claim for reimbursement post discharge.
- Claim Procedure for Reimbursement of Hospitalization Expenses
- When getting discharged from the hospital, you have to collect the original copies of all the documents. Submit the claim and all the documents to ICICI Lombard to recompense your medical bills.
- Your claim will be settled within fifteen days of submitting all the required documents.
- ICICI Lombard medical insurance claim will rejected or approved based on the policy wordings.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Renewal
Nowadays, all the health insurance companies provide online renewal facility to its customers. Nobody has bandwidth to run from pillar to post get their policy renewed. When you do it online, you save a lot of time and it allows flexibility in terms of payment and other procedures. Firstly, decide if you would want to go with the same insurance company or would like to try health insurance from some other insurance company.
If you renew it on time you can avail the waiting period benefits and (NCB) no claim bonus, on the ensuing policy.
Renewing your health insurance policy is a simple and fast process, and it won’t take a lot of your time to complete the process. You simply need to know these steps –
- You would need to fill in all the elementary details of your last policy including policy number as well as expiry date. If there are any other details, fill them as well.
- Your username and password would be provided by the insurer. This will allow you to login to your account and check necessary details and payment requirements.
- You can make the payment online via NEFT, Debit Card & Credit Card.
- Ask for a digital copy of your policy duly signed on mail. Take a print out and keep it retained with you all the time.
Before renewal, you can always read ICICI Lombard health insurance reviews online to know what the customers have to say.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policies Inclusions?
ICICI Lombard medical insurance usually compensates the following expenses-
- In-patient hospitalization expenses
- Pre and post hospitalization charges
- AYUSH treatment cover in a govt. hospital ( Unani, Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Siddha
- Cashless hospitalization cover
- Emergency ambulance cover
- Day care treatment cost
Optional Add-on Covers
By paying an additional amount of premium you can avail the below mentioned benefits as well-
- Donor expenses cover
- Hospital daily cash
- Coverage for critical illness
- Convalescence benefit
- Permanent disabilities cover
- Personal accident cover
- Repatriation of remains
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policies Exclusions?
The exclusions are specific to the plans; however, there are some common limitations that are applicable to all the ICICI Lombard mediclaim policies-
- Cosmetic surgeries are not covered
- Acupuncture, Naturopathy treatment, acupressure, and related therapies
- Any experimental treatment is also not covered
- Any treatment taken outside India is also not covered
- Domiciliary treatment expenses are not compensated
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Venereal diseases
- HIV/AIDS treatment
- Dental surgeries ( except accidental cases)
- Any case indirectly or directly related to criminal acts
- Treatment for hearing impairments
- Substance abuse
Benefits of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
Here’s a quick rundown of the major advantages of ICICI Lombard mediclaim policies-
- Health insurance plans are available for all the age groups
- Pre-medical screening is only required after 46 years of age
- You can avail AYUSH treatment cover such as Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani treatment at a government recognized hospital.
- Add-on covers are available to enhance the coverage. You can opt for maternity cover as well as newborn baby cover.
- You can also avail wellness programs
- If you buy medical insurance plans early and renew the policy every year without any claim, you can get higher bonus on the sum insured.
- There is 15 days of free look period. You can cancel your policy with ease during that time.
- Option to buy a 1 or 2 year ICICI Lombard medical insurance plan
- Some plans offer worldwide cover as well
- Tax benefits under section 80D
How to Calculate ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Premium?
ICICI Lombard takes into consideration the following factors while calculating medical insurance premium-
- Geographical location
- Medical History
- Plan/Coverage Opted
- Members covered
- Amount of Sun Insured
- Age of the people covered
You can also use ICICI Lombard health insurance premium calculator online to know your premium.
Why Buy ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
Health is wealth, goes the old adage. Due to sedentary lifestyle, and increasing pollution, health ailments are on a constant rise. Instead of spending an exorbitant amount on the treatment on your own, it will be wiser to get an adequate insurance policy that will cover such expenses for you.
ICICI Lombard health insurance plans are available for people above 18 years of age and children who are just 91 days old. If you have elderly parents you can opt for ICICI Lombard senior citizen health insurance plans. Moreover, there are plans that cover critical illnesses, organ donor expenses etc. Furthermore, the health insurance plan also covers a vast range of day care procedures that don’t need hospitalization such as sinus surgery, minor eye surgery etc.
Documents Required for ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
Submit the following documents when filing a claim with ICICI Lombard-
- Sign the claim form and get it signed from the treating doctor as well
- Payment receipts from the hospital
- Hospital discharge summary (along with the details of the treatment)
- Consultation papers form the doctor
- Detailed hospital bill (final & interim both)
- Chemist bills with doctor’s prescription
- All the original investigation reports (X-ray reports, blood reports, MRI scan reports etc.)
- Detailed bills are required to ascertain the miscellaneous charges
- Implant invoice/sticker (in case of cataract surgeries lens details are required, in case of cataract stent details are required)
- FIR report/ Medico legal certificate (MLC) ( applicable to accidental cases only)
- Copy of ICICI Lombard health insurance card
- Other documents ( as per the case)
*Submit the original copies of all the documents.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance FAQs
Q1. Where can I contact ICICI Lombard for claim intimation?
To lodge a claim you can call customer support at their 24×7 helpline customer care number 1800 2666 (toll-free). You can also send an SMS ‘HEALTHCLAIM’ to 575758 (chargeable).
Q What is ICICI Lombard Wellness Program?
ICICI Lombard wellness programs aim to offer your recognition for your pro-activeness toward your health and for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. You earn rewards for maintaining a good health record through different wellness services. Wellness points are credited as per the activities (mentioned in the desired section) which will be tracked by the insurer.
Q3. Is cashless hospitalization provided by ICICI Lombard?
You can avail cashless hospitalization at any of the hospitals that are registered with ICICI Lombard.
Q4. Are there any tax benefits of buying ICICI Lombard mediclaim policy?
The medical insurance premium that you pay annually for an individual health policy or a family floater policy helps you to save tax as per the Income Tax act (Sec. 80 D).
Q5. How many relationships can be covered in ICICI Lombard health booster plan?
Following relationships can be covered under ICICI Lombard health booster plan –
Self, dependent children spouse, sister, brother, dependent parents, father-in-law, grandparents, mother-in-law, grandchildren, son-in-law, dependent brother-in-law, daughter-in-law and sister-in-law.
Q6. What happens to the waiting period if I increase the sum insured while renewing the policy?
In case of any increment in the sum assured amount, the waiting period will be applicable again for the increased amount. For instance, if you increase the amount of insurance from 3 Lacs to 5 Lacs and there is waiting for 2 years to avail the maternity insurance cover. In that case, it will be applied afresh from the date of renewal i.e. 3 years from the date of increment in the sum assured amount.
Q7. If a request to port out my ICICI Lombard mediclaim policy, do I need to undergo medical check-up?
To port out a policy, a request has to be placed at least 45 days before the renewal date. And yes, medical screening is required as per the ICICI Lombard mediclaim policy guidelines.
Q8. What parameters are taken into consideration while calculating ICICI Lombard medical insurance premium?
Following parameters decide the cost of health insurance premium-
- Age of the eldest member
- Coverage type ( Individual/ floater)
- Sub-limits ( if any)
- Sum assured selected
- Add-covers (add-ons chosen)