Iffco Tokio Health Insurance
IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance began its operations on December 4th, 2000 in collaboration among the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO), Nichido Fire Group and a popular Japanese insurance group – Tokio Marine.
The company’s incurred claim settlement ratio is 81.96%, which signifies a great performance by the insurer in the fiscal year 2016-2017. Incurred Claim Ratio is the ratio of the total claims settled by the insurance company to the total amount of premium collected in that particular year. IFFCO Tokio health insurance continues to be an industry leader by combining customer satisfaction with transparency, and hassle-free claim process.
Iffco Tokio Health Insurance at a Glance
|Incurred Claim Ratio
|Number of Iffco Tokio Health Insurance Plans
Iffco Tokio Health Insurance Plans Comparison Table
||Entry Age Criteria
||Waiting period for Pre-existing Diseases
||Sum Assured (Rs.)
|Iffco Tokio Family Health Protector Policy
||18 to 65 years
||After 45 years
||Minimum Rs. 1, 50,000 and Maximum Rs. 5, 00,000.
|IFFCO Tokio Individual Health Protector Policy
||Ranges from Rs. 1, 50,000 to Rs. 5, 00,000.
|IFFCO Tokio Swasthya Kavach Policy
||• For adults the entry age is b/w 18 & 60 years
• For children it is b/w 3 months & 23 years
||After 45 years
||Ranges from Rs.2 lakhs, Rs.3 lakhs, Rs.4 lakhs or Rs.5 lakhs.
|IFFCO Tokio Individual Medishield Policy
||3 months to 80 years
||After 45 years
||Rs. 50,000 up to a maximum of Rs. 500,000
|IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident Insurance Policy
||5 to 70 years
||As mentioned in the policy documents
|IFFCO Tokio Critical Illness Health Insurance Policy
||5 to 60 years
- Pre-existing diseases are not covered
- 120 days of waiting period
||The payment will be made at once by the insurer to the insured person to meet the treatment costs
|IFFCO Tokio Health Protector Plus Policy
Inclusions of Iffco Tokio Health Insurance Policy
Usually, Iffco Tokio health insurance plans compensate the following hospitalization expenses-
- Operating cost on oxygen, anesthesia, operation theatre, blood, drugs, x ray, surgical appliances, organ transplantation etc.
- Pre and Post-hospitalization expenses for a specific time period
- Fees charged by the consultant, medical practitioner and anesthetist
- Room rent charges, nursing charges and boarding expenses
- Cost of Homeopathy, Unani and Ayurveda treatment
- Cost of tonics and vitamins as part of the treatment
- Daily cash allowance up to 0.10 percent of the sum insured
- Ambulance cover up to Rs. 3000 per claim
- Domiciliary hospitalization cover up to 20 percent of the sum insured
- Emergency medical assistance
Limitations of Iffco Tokio Health Insurance Policy
- Any pre-existing disease before the completion of the waiting period
- Any treatment taken in the initial 30 days from the date of policy inception, unless it is an accidental case
- Dental surgery or treatment, unless required for accidental injuries
- Cost of eyeglasses, contact lenses and any type of hearing aids
- Dental treatment ( unless requires hospitalization)
- Period of recovery, general weakness, congenital diseases are not considered
- Pregnancy related complications unless it is ectopic pregnancy
- Any expenses incurred on domiciliary hospitalization and out-patient treatment
- Purchase of external medical equipment’s
- Illness or injuries arising due to dangerous sports, profession or activities
- Medical expenses incurred on HIV/AIDS
- War conditions, terrorist activities and nuclear attacks
- Obesity treatment
- Medical expenses incurred on naturopathy, alternative medications, acupressure, and acupuncture are also covered in Iffco Tokio mediclaim policy
Benefits of Iffco Tokio Health Insurance
The major benefits of Iffco Tokio medical insurance plans are mentioned below-
- It offers financial compensation for medical emergencies
- Tax saving benefits u/s 80D
- Personalized insurance plans
- Health insurance cover for a maximum of 5 family members with up to 3 children and 2 adults
- Compensation for Health-checkups after 4 years of claim-free period
- Lifelong renewal plans
Iffco Tokio Health Insurance Renewal
You no longer need to run from pillar to post to renew a health insurance policy, when you can do it online.
For Iffco Tokio health insurance renewal, just visit their site and enter the Iffco Tokio health insurance policy number, along with username, password and other details. The page will bring you all the details regarding the plan, premium, date of purchase, expiry and so forth. Make the changes if any and pay the amount online using mobile wallets, debit or credit cards. You will also get updates regarding your policy, and a soft copy of the policy will be emailed to you. You can also download a copy of it.
Before renewing the policy it is suggested that you compare different plans and read online Iffco Tokio health insurance reviews and then make the decision.
Iffco Tokio Health Insurance Calculator
To calculate Iffco Tokio health insurance premium the factors that are taken into consideration are listed below-
- Coverages opted
- of insured members
- Age of the insured members
- Sum insured limit
You can calculate the premium with Iffco Tokio health insurance premium calculator.
Why IIFCO Tokio Health Insurance?
The changing scenario of health amid sedentary lifestyle and hectic work-life schedule, along with medical inflation, makes it inevitable to have a health insurance policy. Iffco Tokio health insurance plans are designed to help you get the best of health treatment and secure a healthy life for yourself and your loved ones.
The insurance company has a reputable name in the market as per the Iffco Tokio health insurance reviews. Looking at the positive incurred claim settlement ratio, you can feel financially secured in case any unexpected illness or health issue comes up. This will protect you from making a hole in your bank account and get the best of medical treatment to yourself and your family despite of rising hospitalization expenses.
Iffco Tokio medical insurance plans will help you in managing your hospitalization expenses without any trauma and save you running from pillar to post in the last moment. You can select from Iffco Tokio health insurance for senior citizens, families, individual with personal accidental cover and critical illness cover. All this to keep the people you care about – hale and hearty!
Features of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Policy
- The health insurance company caters to the rural population as well
- Ensure lifelong health with lifetime renewability option
- Avail cashless hospitalization in 3000+ network hospitals
- Get additional cover on critical illnesses by paying some extra premium on your existing health insurance policy
- This company has technical know-how to provide its customers timely and hassle-free claim settlement experience in a quick and efficient manner
- One of the best family health insurance provider
Types of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
The company offers a number of health insurance policies to cater to your health concerns and your family health needs.
- Family Health Protector Policy – This plan offers coverage to your family including your parents, children, spouse, brother, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece, nephew and other dependent relatives who are living with you.
- Individual Health Protector Policy by IFFCO Tokio- Provide your family the best healthcare treatment in case of any sudden illness, disease or injuries, which may require hospitalization, medical or surgical treatment, organ transplantation etc.
- Swasthya Kavach Policy by IFFCO Tokio- There are two types of plan namely – basic and wider plan, based on the coverages that are offered in the plan.
- Individual Medishield Policy by IFFCO Tokio- Provision to insure the entire family including spouse, dependent children, and parents between the age group of 3 months and 80 years.
- Personal Accident Insurance Policy by IFFCO Tokio- In case of an accidental death, the policy will reimburse the complete amount to offer complete financial security to the deceased person’s family. It shall also cover all the possible eventualities in that case.
- Critical Illness Health Insurance Policy by IFFCO Tokio- Lump sum payment upon diagnosis of any critical illnesses that are mentioned in the policy.
- Health Protector Plus Policy by IFFCO Tokio- It covers in-patient hospitalization expenses and the cost of Unani, homeopathy and Ayurveda treatments are also covered.
Documents Required for Iffco Tokio Health Insurance
Submit the following documents while filing a claim for your Iffco Tokio mediclaim policy-
- Claim form that is duly signed and filled. Either you can download it or get it from the insurer’s office
- All the bills, memos, receipts to claim the amount
- Survey report
- Hospital files, medical certificate, and other related documents signed by the doctor
- Cash memo for medicines that have been purchased from an external pharmacy.
- Discharge card from the hospital
- Summary report
- Clearance documents
- FIR report is required in case the hospitalization was done due to any accident
Claim Procedure Followed By IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
To avail cashless hospitalization the process is described below-
- Intimate the insurance provider 3 days in advance for planned hospitalization.
- For unplanned hospitalization, you need to inform the insurer as soon as possible on their toll-free customer care number and via email.
- You need to provide your health card and ID proof at the hospital desk. After verifying the personal details, the hospital authorities will submit a duly-filled from along with a signed pre-authorization request form to the insurance company’s TPA.
- After verifying the same, the hospital will allow the cashless treatment as soon as the approval is received from the TPA (Third-Party Administrator, which looks after insurance claims)
- After submission of all the required documents, the proposer will receive approval to proceed with cashless hospitalization
- Only applicable in network hospitals
To get reimbursement of hospitalization claims the process is described below-
- This is applicable in non-network hospitals or on disapproval of cashless claims. The insured person will need to submit the medical bills, and will also require to make the claim for reimbursement within a 7 days from the discharge date.
- You need to submit the duly filled reimbursement claim form along with other required documents at the closest IFFCO Tokio branch.
- Soon after verification, the assured claim amount will be reimbursed by a cheque to the proposer. This shall be done within 20 days from the date of receipt of all the required documents.
FAQs for Iffco Tokio Health Insurance
Q1. Is there any free look period in Iffco Tokio Health Protector Plus Plan?
There is a free look period of 15 days that is applicable after commencing the policy. In this period, you can go through the policy terms and conditions and get changes done as per your preference. Please note that the free look period is only applicable in case of new Iffco Tokio health insurance policies.
Q2. What all services are offered under Iffco Tokio health insurance emergency assistance services?
Emergency assistance services includes-
- Medical repatriation cover
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Conveying messages in case of an emergency situation
- Medical consultation, evaluation and referral
- Transportation expenses incurred to join the patient
- Transportation cost and expenses incurred on the care of a minor children
- Return of mortal remains
- Emergency cash assistance
Q3. Are pre and post-hospitalization expenses covered under Iffco Tokio medical insurance policy?
The policy compensates 60 days of pre-hospitalization expenses and 90 days of post-hospitalization expenses. It may vary as per the plan opted for. These expenses will be recompensed as per the sum assured limit.
Q4. Is there any time limit to register a claim for Iffco Tokio health insurance policy?
Claim notification should be done within seven days of hospitalization.
Q5. What documents are required to file a claim for my Iffco Tokio mediclaim policy?
Following documents need to be submitted- Medical bills ( original copy), medical certificates, bills of the medicines purchase, receipts, claim form, fees paid, doctor prescriptions, admission report, discharge summary and other documents.
Q6. What is covered under Iffco Tokio Personal Accident Insurance Policy?
- 100% reimbursement in case of death, loss of sight, loss of limbs and total disability
- 50% of sum assured in the event of loss of sight in one eye and loss of one limb
- Accidental injuries resulting in loss of toes, fingers, partial or total disability, 5% of additional cover is provided. Basis on the severity, it can range from 5 to 40%.
- In case of temporary disabilities, the insurer will recompense 1% of sum insured on weekly basis, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 6,000.
- Employment benefits are provided to the insured person, in case there is loss of employment arising due to accidental injuries, resulting in permanent disability, loss of limbs or eyesight
- Educational cover is provided to the dependent children, in case of accidental death of the insured person or loss of job due to permanent disabilities
- Ambulance expenses for accidental hospitalization are also reimbursed
Cumulative benefit, which means on each policy renewal, the total sum insured is automatically renewed, without any need to pay any extra amount of premium
Q7. What are the benefits of buying Iffco Tokio Family Health Protector Plus policy?
Mentioned below are the major benefits of buying this plan-
- Medical fees charged by specialist, anesthetist, surgeon, medical practitioner, consultant etc.
- Cost of surgical appliances, operation theatre, pacemaker, organ transplant, medicines, drugs, chemotherapy, dialysis, radio therapy etc.
- Domiciliary hospitalization up to a 20% limit of the sum insured
- 11 critical illnesses are also covered – Cancer, Stroke, Coma, Kidney failure, Permanent limb paralysis, Open Chest CABG, major organ and bone marrow transplant, motor neuron disease, multiple sclerosis with persisting symptoms.
Reinstatement of sum insured except for critical illnesses, domiciliary hospitalization, and Ayurveda, unani and homeopathy treatment
Q8. Will Iffco Tokio medical insurance policy cover my pre-existing diseases?
Yes, there is a provision of covering pre-existing illness after 2 years of continuous coverage with the insurer.
Q9. Does Iffco Tokio mediclaim policy provides critical illness cover?
Critical illnesses and its treatment can cause a lot of financial strain, emotional stress and during that time, a critical illness insurance policy will help you to get out of that crucial situation in an economical manner. Iffco Tokio critical illness insurance policy is a group insurance plan and has a waiting period of 120 days only. Employers can cover their employees (including their dependents) in this plan. It covers critical illnesses like Cancer, Paralytic cerebral stroke, renal failure, bypass surgery, organ transplant, and loss of limbs due to accidental injuries.