New India Assurance Health Insurance
New India assurance co. ltd holds the legacy of Sir Dorabji Tata who founded the multinational general insurance company in 1919. The company is headquartered in Mumbai, with its operations across 28 countries including direct branches, associates, representative offices, agency operations, and subsidiary companies.
In in the fiscal year 2017, the company recorded a business of Rs.22, 270 crore globally and Rs.19, 100 in India. Their London branch has been operational since the last 98 years, and the company has equity participation in insurance companies in Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and Kenya. Apart from other insurance products, New India Assurance Health Insurance is one of the most trusted products among its customers.
New India Health Insurance at a Glance
|Incurred Claim Ratio
Features of New India Assurance Health Insurance
The key features of New India Assurance Mediclaim plans are listed below-
- Option to cover yourself and your family members
- No pre-medical check-up required up to the age of 50 years ( in most of the plans)
- Offers voluntary co-pay option
- Cumulative bonus benefit
- Premium to be paid as per the Zone defined in policy documents
- Income Tax Benefit under Sec80/D of IT Act
New India Assurance Health Insurance Comparison Table
|Name of the Plan
|New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
||18 to 65 years
||Rs. 1lakh to 15 lakhs
||After 50 years of age
|Asha Kiran Health Insurance Plan
||18 to 65 years
||Rs. 2 -8 lakhs
||After 50 years of age
|New India Global Mediclaim Policy
||18 to 65 years
||Up to 8 lakhs
Plan A: Up to USD 0.5 million per year with a lifetime limit of USD 1 million.
Plan B: USD 1 million per year with a lifetime limit of USD 2 million
|90 days for specified diseases
|New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Plan
||Rs 1 to 1.5 lakhs
|Jan Arogya Bima Policy
||Adult: 5 to 70 years
Children: 3months to 5 years
|Up to Rs.5000 per insured person
|Universal Health Insurance BPL
||Adult: 5 to 70 years
Children: 3months to 5 years
|Hospitalization expenses up to Rs.30,000 maternity cover up to Rs.2500 for normal deliveries and Rs. 5000 for cesarean deliveries
• Claim limit for illnesses is up to Rs.15,000
• Accidental death cover of Rs 25,000
|Universal Health Insurance
||3months to 65 years
||Up to Rs. 30,000 ( varies for specific treatments)
Types of New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans-
- New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy– This mediclaim plan provides reimbursement on hospitalization expenses incurred on self and other family members. It can include 1-6 members (the proposer, spouse, parents, and children)
- Asha Kiran Health Insurance Plan- This family floater plan provides a financial cushion to you and your family members against medical emergencies and accidental injuries. Also, It covers 11 critical illnesses.
- Cancer Medical Expn-Individual Plan- This plan is provided to members of Indian Cancer Society only. If you are lesser than 70 years of age and are not suffering from cancer, you are eligible to get membership of the society.
- New India Global Mediclaim Policy – The plan covers cancer surgery, neurosurgery, organ donor transplant (living), heart valve surgery among others. It also covers the treatments taken outside India.
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Plan- New India Health Insurance provides this plan to the elderly people (parents) and who are aged between 60-80 years.
- Jan Arogya Bima Policy – This policy is designed to provide health insurance to poor people who cannot spend much on health insurance premium.
- Universal Health Insurance BPL- This health insurance policy is designed for individuals and for groups. Hospitalization benefit per family is provided up to Rs.30, 000 during a policy period.
- Universal Health Insurance- This plan is designed for groups consisting of more than 100 families.
New India Assurance Health Insurance Claim Procedure
For processing health insurance claims in non-network hospitals, you need to follow the process as mentioned below-
- Straightaway intimate the TPA department or desk about the illness or injury before the hospitalization
- In case of medical emergencies, inform the New India Assurance health insurance team within 24 hours of hospitalization. Also, you need to provide –
- All the receipts, invoices, admission and discharge certificate from the hospital
- Medical prescriptions
- Pathology reports as recommended by the doctor or medical advisor
- Physician’s certificate authenticating the nature of treatment, surgery, and operation
- In-hospitalization receipts including anesthesia, doctor consultation, and room charges
- For post-hospitalization treatment, you need to submit all the required documents within 7 days of the treatment
In network hospitals you can avail cashless claim settlement facility by providing the proof of New India Assurance Health Insurance policy, identity proof, provided your claim was approved by the health insurance company.
New India Assurance Health Insurance Renewal
New India health insurance plans can be renewed online and the payment can be done easily using a debit card/credit card and net banking.
Simply follow the steps-
- For quick policy renewal provide your customer ID
- Also, enter the renewed health insurance quote number or your previous policy number
- Review all the details that you provided and to proceed further you will have to save the quote
- Once you are sure, you can make the payment online through net banking using net banking or your debit and credit cards
- Once you pay the premium it will be renewed and mailed to you
It will be better if you can go through New India Assurance health insurance reviews and then make a well-informed decision.
Inclusions of New India Assurance Health Insurance
New India Health Insurance plans usually cover the following-
- Payment of hospital room charges, nursing, and boarding expenses
- All the charges including the cost of anesthesia, operation theatre, blood, oxygen, surgical equipment’s, diagnostic tests, prescribed drugs & medicines, dialysis, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, cost of artificial limbs, and prosthetic devices like a pacemaker, and any other medical expenses that are required for cure
- Ayush Coverage – Homeopathic, Ayurveda and Unani treatment, provided it is taken at a government hospital
- Compensation for fees charged by the surgeon, medical practitioner, anesthetist and consultants’ during hospitalization
- Expenses on day-care treatment
- Hospital cash to be reimbursed on a daily basis
Exclusions of New India Assurance Health Insurance
New India Assurance Health Insurance doesn’t cover the following-
- Illnesses which are caught in the initial 30 days of insurance
- Expenses incurred on dental surgeries unless it is an accidental case
- Any treatment related to HIV and AIDS
- Hospitalization for any kind of cosmetic or plastic surgery, until resulting from accidental injury
- Expenses incurred on vaccination and Inoculation unless recommended as part of the treatment
- Complication related to pregnancy and childbirth
- Hospitalization due to war situations, rebellion, nuclear threats and any kind of terrorist attack
- Hospitalization or treatment outside India
- Expenses on Naturopathy treatment
- Domiciliary treatment are not reimbursed
- Congenital and venereal diseases
- Experimental treatment or any medical expense without prescription
- Cost of vitamins and supplements prescribed by the physician
- Cost of purchasing hearing aids, contact lenses and spectacles during or after the treatment
- New India assurance mediclaim policy renewal will be declined in case of fraudulent claims and medical records
Benefits of New India Mediclaim Insurance Plans
- It is one the biggest government-owned health insurance providers in the public sector
- Special plans are available for groups, senior citizens, and poor people
- New India Assurance mediclaim policies cater to both individual and families
- The policies cover expenses incurred before and after the hospitalization ( for a specified period)
- There are plans that cover the cost of health check-up after 3 consecutive claim-free years as well
- Pre-existing ailments are also given a cover after completion of 4 consecutive policy years
How to Calculate Premium for New India Assurance Health Insurance?
The information required to calculate the New India assurance medical insurance premium is mentioned below-
- Sum Insured
- Selected Plan
- Type of Coverage
- Family Members
- Age of the insured members
- Personal details and contact number
However, you can use News India Assurance health insurance premium calculator online to evaluate the cost of the premium. All that is required is to enter the below information-
- Personal details- DOB or PAN number
- Policy Term
- Sum Assured
- Coverage for self, family or spouse
- And then click to get the health insurance quotation
Why Should You Buy New India Assurance Health Insurance Policy?
Apart from the financial compensation, there are multiple reasons to buy a New India Assurance health insurance plan. A few of them are enumerated below-
- New India Assurance Health Insurance is a government owned insurance company, which makes it a safe bet to invest your money in insurance
- It provides cashless claim settlement facility in more than 1200 network hospitals
- After a waiting period of 4 years, your pre-existing diseases will also be covered
- The health insurance provider has more than 3000 offices across India
- You get a lifelong cover with lifetime renewability
- You can choose from various health insurance plans as per your needs
Documents Required for New India Assurance Health Insurance Claims
The documents required are listed below-
- New India Assurance medical insurance claim form to be duly signed and filled
- Medical reports, investigation reports, and medical bills
- Doctor’s prescription
- Hospital bills (with hospital signatures and stamps)
- Hospital discharge summary and report ( in original)
- The future line of medical treatment that is required ( from the relevant doctor)
- If the treatment was taken in an unregistered hospital, the insurer will need the list of nurses and the number of beds that are available on the official letterhead
Further documentation may be required as per the claim.
New India Assurance Health Insurance FAQS
Q1. What is the incurred claim ratio of New India Assurance Health Insurance?
The Incurred claim ratio of New India Assurance Health Insurance is 91.26% which reflects positively about the insurer.
Q2. What documents are required to buy New India Global Mediclaim Policy?
The following documents should be submitted-
- Proposal Form
- Aadhar Card
- Medical tests reports (as required)
Q3. Is there any New India Assurance Senior Citizen health insurance policy?
You can opt for the New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Plan. The range of sum assured is between Rs. 1 lakh and 1.5 lakhs. And the best part is that the pre-existing diseases are covered on completion of 18 months of continuous insurance. Apart from the hospitalization expense sit recompenses for cataract surgeries, prostate treatment, angiography, and arthroscopy. For detailed benefits, you can go through the policy brochure.
Q4. What are the benefits of buying New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy?
This plan can cover 1 to 6 members (including the proposer, spouse, parents, and children). No pre-medical check-up is required up to the age of 50 years. It also offers the voluntary co-pay option. And if you opt for insurance above Rs 5 lakhs you will be eligible to get maternity cover as well.
Q5. What are the best health insurance policies by New India Assurance?
There are a host of mediclaim policies to choose from. Here’s a list of New India Assurance mediclaim insurance policies-
- New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy
- Asha Kiran Health Insurance Plan
- New India Global Mediclaim Policy
- New India Assurance Senior Citizen Mediclaim Plan
- Jan Arogya Bima Policy
- Universal Health Insurance BPL
- Universal Health Insurance
- Cancer Medical Expn-Individual Plan
You can buy any of them as per your requirement. For details please check the details provided on the above page.
Q6. Can I avail tax benefits on purchase of a New India Assurance Mediclaim Policy?
As you can avail tax exemption benefits against the premium paid as per the purview of the Sec. 80D of the IT Act.
Q7. If I am an NRI, am I eligible to buy New India Global Mediclaim Policy?
Only Indian citizens who are residing in India are eligible to buy New India Global Mediclaim Policy. It does not cover the foreign nationals who are residing in India for employment, OCIs and NRIs.
Q8. Does New India Assurance medical insurance provides cashless claim settlement?
Yes, the insurer offers cashless treatment in any of the registered hospitals across India.