Top 10 Family Health Insurance Plans in India in 2019
Unlike an individual health insurance policy, a family health insurance plan covers the health risks of your spouse, children, and dependent parents. There are some family health insurance plans in India, can also get your in-laws and siblings covered.
Choose the Best Insurance Plan for Your Family
There is no second thought in this, that you can’t get everything covered under one health insurance policy, which will meet all your requirements. This varies from person to person and also depends on the family health history. The insurance market is flooded with a number of health insurance policies, providing unique cover to its customers.
If you are buying a policy, it is your job to ascertain the inclusions and exclusions of different health insurance plans that you are looking at. You need to do some research online and offline both and select the one which works for you, from a number of family health plans in India. Doing online research makes it easy to compare health insurance plans from the different health insurance companies
So, we decided to make it easier for you and assess top 10 best family floater health insurance plans for you. If you select from any of these health insurance policies you can get your entire family covered including your parents, spouse, dependent children, and other family members.
Bajaj Health Guard Family Floater Plan –
This would cover:
- People from 18-65 years of age are covered. Also, dependent children, from the age of 3-25 years can be covered.
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses up to a period of 90 days
- Medical expenses/treatment
- Get benefits of 10-50% discount from No Claim Bonus
- The waiting period is around 48 months for pre-existing illness cover
- Lifelong easy renewal
- If not claimed for around 4 years, you can avail free medical-medical checkups for that period.
Star Family Health Optima Insurance –
- If you are above 18 and your family members are within 18-65 of years, then you can get them covered under this policy. If you have newborn baby, he/she will be covered from their 16th day of birth.
- The waiting period to cover pre-existing diseases in this plan is around 48 months
- Once a year is completed, you can get your pre-existing diseases also covered
- As part of your family, your newborn baby will automatically covered under the health policy
- Star health insurance is one of the best health insurance companies that offer you lifelong renewability with this plan.
Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy –
- This mediclaim policy covers anyone ranging from 18 to 65 years of age
- There is a clause of lifelong renewability if your age is 65 or above
- You can claim minimum Rs. 1 lakh and a maximum of-5 lakh rupees
- Claim pre and post hospitalization up to 30 and 60 days respectively
- After a waiting period of 48 months, you can claim for pre-existing diseases of your family members
Star Comprehensive Insurance –
- companies The sum assured ranges between 5 lakhs and 25 lakhs
- If you and your family members are aged between 18 and 65 years, you can get coverage under this policy. Children between the age group of 3 to 25 years of age can also get covered under this plan.
- There is no capping on the treatment cost and room rent.
- The plan recompenses expenses incurred on bariatric surgical procedures ( including complications)
- The plan includes air ambulance services
- Expenses incurred on the second opinion is also included
Tata AIG Wellsurance Family Plan-
- Get your family members covered between the age group of 18 to 65 years
- The sum assured ranges between Rs. 2 lakhs and Rs. 4 lakhs
- It will also cover pre-existing illnesses after continuing the policy for consecutive 4 years
- The plan covers 11 critical illnesses as mentioned in the policy wordings.
- It also recompenses the family and takes care of the children’s education in case of a permanent disabilities/ accidental death of the breadwinner of the family.
HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold with Regain & ECB-
- The best part is that there is no limit on the entry age to get covered under this plan
- The sum assured ranges between Rs. 3 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs
- Moreover, you can avail 10% discount on the purchase of a 2-year health plan
Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance Plan-
- The sum assured limit in this plan is Rs.3 lakhs, 4 lakhs, and 5 lakhs
- You can also claim for AYUSH treatment expenses
- Organ donor expenses can also be claimed up to a specified limit
- You can also avail 5 to 25% of No-claim-bonus discount at the time of renewal
National Insurance Mediclaim Policy –
- If you and your family members are aged from 18-65 years, you will be covered under this policy. If you have children between 3-25 years of age, they will also be covered.
- You can claim an amount ranging from Rs. 50,000 – 5 lakh rupees
- You get up to pre-hospitalization cover for 30 days and up to 60 days post-hospitalization cover
- You will need to go through a waiting period of 48 months to claim pre-existing diseases
New India Assurance, Family Floater Mediclaim Policy –
- It is for people from 18-60 years of age and dependent children from 3 months to 18 years of age
- It allows easy lifelong renewal of your policy
- You can claim an amount ranging from 2-5 lakhs
- Claim pre-hospitalization up to one month and post hospitalization expenses up to 2 months. To claim pre-existing illnesses, you have a waiting period of 48 months
United India Family Medicare Policy –
- This is a family floater policy in which you can get yourself covered along with your dependent children and spouse.
- Anyone between the age group of 18-80 years can be covered and children from the age of 3 months can be insured.
- The insurer will pay for 30 days pre-hospitalization and 60 days post hospitalization expenses. 15% of the sum insured is paid for treatment of hernia, 10% for cataract, 20% for Hysterectomy and 70% for major surgeries.
- Expenses on Ayush Treatment are also covered. Sum insured starts from 1 lakh rupees.
Disclaimer: The plans listed above do not represent any chronological order.
These were some of the best health insurance plans that you can buy for your family. It is just an overview of different plans and you can select the best one as per your needs and preferences.
If you love your family and wish to see them safe and sound, you can select one the plans from the above-mentioned top family health insurance plans in India. This is a smart move, as you would safeguard your family from sudden financial and health loss.